Primary School’s Sports Funding
At Moor Park Primary School, we recognise the contribution of PE to the health and well-being of the children. We believe that an innovative, varied PE curriculum and extra-curricular opportunities have a positive influence on the concentration, attitude and academic achievement of all our children. We aim to develop the children’s’ physical literacy where they are encouraged to be passionate, motivated and successful. We aim to develop crucial skills and attributes which are requires for children’s long-term future. We promote a healthy active lifestyle, which will equip them for life long participation in physical activity. We deliver an inclusive broad and balanced curriculum which enthuses, inspires and embeds Moor Parks key values, so the children can fulfil their potential and become the best they can be.
Our Primary School Sport’s Funding will enable us to continue and extend our provision through employing additional sports professionals, providing Change4Life opportunities and training our staff to deliver in-house quality PE sessions.
What is the Sports Premium?
The government is providing funding of £320 million per annum to provide new and substantial primary school sport funding. The funding is being jointly provided by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport, and will see money going directly to primary school to spend on improving the quality of sport and PE for all their children. Each school will receive around £18000 over the next two years. Here at Moor Park we will be receiving a total of £18000. The money can only be spent on sport and PE provision in schools.
Purpose of the funding
Schools will have to spend the sport funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but they will have the freedom to choose how they do this.
Possible uses of the funding include:
- Hiring specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work alongside primary teachers when teaching PE
- New or additional Change4Life sport clubs
- Paying for professional development opportunities in PE/sport
- Providing cover to release primary teachers for professional development in PE/sport
- Running sport competitions, or increasing participation in the school games
- Buying quality assured professional development modules or material for PE/sport
- Providing places for pupils on after school sport clubs and residential visits
Evaluation of Sport Grant Spending 2019-22 and our 3 Year Strategy Document
We have developed the 3 year strategy document to outline the key developments that we need to address to move PE and School Sport forward. The documents sets out how we are aim to achieve the following:
- Improve the standard and confidence of P.E teaching across the whole school, resulting in high quality P.E lessons
- Improve physical literacy
- Improve health and well-being for life long participation
- Provide high quality opportunities which promote Sportsmanship and key values
- Provide leadership experiences